Reach Out Christian Union is dedicated to reaching out, serving and loving every single person on campus. We want to share the truth of Jesus, who died in our place, so that the people of our university would come to trust him.
Build Up We encourage those who serve God, as Christ's ambassadors on campus, to demonstrate the relevance of faith in every area of our lives and the world; equipping them with teaching from the Bible and supporting them with prayer.
Send Out The gospel of Jesus Christ impacts lives and directs our futures. We challenge our members to consider the implications of the gospel for what they will do with their lives. We seek to stimulate an active and informed interest in the work of God, through his people, all over the world!
For a more formal description of our club, you can read our constitution
CHRISTIAN UNION CAMPS
From Gear Up to Base Camp to Summit, Christian Union runs several camps throughout the year. Each camp explores an aspect of Christian faith with slightly different emphasis at different points in the year. Gear Up prepares students spiritually for the upcoming year while Base Camp is a time for faculty groups to grow together and establish God's word in their lives. During the winter break, Summit brings all of Melbourne Uni Christian Union together for a week of praising God, hearing from his word, and having fun with new friends! The final camp, national training event, or NTE, is held in Canberra at the end of the year and is designed to solidify the year that has passed, as well as prepare Christians from across the country to take on the future with confidence and power from God's word.
BELIEFSWe want to uphold the fundamental truths of the Christian faith as contained in the Bible and therefore believe the following:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of the Holy Scripture as originally given and its' supreme authority in all matters
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall and that humanity is subject to God's wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ who is the Incarnate Son of God and died in our place
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in individual sinners, granting them repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of our Lord- Jesus Christ.